I keep forgetting to upgrade my flickr account to PRO so I only have access to the photos Chad takes with his phone. As you can see, there is a specific theme to these photos.
I am about to embark upon my birthday weekend. I have decided to make it a 4 days weekend so that I can…
- Avoid driving HWY 1 during rush hour for 4 days
- Spend the predicted very HOT next few days out doors and not in an office
- Garden my heart out
- Refinish our dining room table
- Explore Mundy Park
- Partake in a Riverview Hospital Photo Walk
- Try out a new (to me) restaurant
- Shop Main Street
- Build a succulent terrarium
- Reupholster a “back ally find” chair
I don’t really have any feelings regarding turning 28. It feels like a big number but it also doesn’t feel like a big number. I just hope this weekend is as good as I have made it out to be in my head. Either way, I am super pumped that the weather is going to be amazing, for once.
May is like my most favorite month ever. For reals.
All of our Fall fabric arrived in the warehouse last week and it has been madness ever since. There is always a struggle with getting the fabric shipped at the right time and this year it feels late, so everyone is feeling stressed about it. I say this every season, but there are really no breaks anymore, from one season to the next and it drives me crazy. Too many things happening at once. Too much back and forth. Too many changes. Too many indecisions. But, that’s the life I guess.
Plans to start tearing apart the back garden got rained on yesterday, but with today’s promised sunny weather I may be able to start after dinner, which would be very nice. Though when I woke up this morning there was frost everywhere which worried me a bit.
We have successfully had both families over for dinner at the house. Even when making recipes I’ve made before there is always something that takes longer than expected. If the recipe says the meatballs are supposed to cook for 20 minutes why does it always take 45? Panic sets in because everything must be perfect even though nothing is ever perfect.
Gina and I attempted to make macarons Friday night. That was a fail. The flavours were there but they did not look anything like what they were supposed to look like. I think we need some help from a professional chef *hint* COLIN *hint*.
I also started crocheting a chevron blanket this weekend. That was not easy. Probably should have started on something much simpler considering I have never crochet before (at least I don’t think I have). I am hoping I can get through the first few rows with out running to my cousins house every 5 minutes for help.
I have a doctors appt this afternoon to try and figure out what the hell I did to my shoulder. I’ve been suffering from intense to mild muscle pain for about 6 weeks now. I think it comes from cramming myself onto a love seat every night when I watch TV. We really need to fix that situation.
Lets hope this week stays as sunny as it is supposed to.
Word up my Hombres.
Last weekend was crazy good, weather wise. You know how every time a long weekend rolls around here in the expensive city of Vancouver it is usually horrible and filled with rain? Well this past weekend was AMAZING. It kept making me think it was actually June and not March and I kept freaking out that our yard looks like crap and I have no flowers planted and we have no patio set and then Chad reminded me that we are barely into Spring so I should probably relax. Although, that didn’t stop him from buying us a patio set off of craigslist on Monday.
I am getting antsy and I want to start working on the garden; expect to do that you need money and some sort of knowledge about gardening. I currently have neither. Although I have been informed about the annual Kwantlen Plant Sale is taking place on the 27th, so hopefully by then I will have some money and some knowledge.
We were very productive on the weekend, finishing up 95% of all the renovation stuff we had left. It felt really good to do that. All that’s left to do is some paint touch ups which we should be able to tackle this weekend. Since last week I ignored life in order to finish the tile disaster I have had to catch up on a lot this week, like 45 loads of laundry and the most disgusting bathrooms of all time. We have the parentals coming for dinner on the 14th and 21st so everything and I mean EVERYTHING needs to be ready to go for then. If I don’t set deadlines things will never get done.
In other news, after talking about it for 3 years, I finally got new prescription sunglasses. My hipster transformation is underway.
Also, it’s like I’m going old school these days with none of my posts have a real point anymore expect for me rambling on about random things. I guess when you are busy, all you do is ramble.
I only have time for a post like this today.
- Here at the office we have run out of sugar, paper towels and have now canceled our subscription (?) to Canadian Springs. This makes me sad.
- The grout fiasco continues. I will save the full story for another time but it is essentially consuming every waking moment of my life. Fun!
- I have decided that I really can not stand ‘luxury’ brands that are easily obtained by the masses. Heres looking at you, Coach and Michael Kors. I think the real thing that pisses me off about Michael Kors is that he blatantly rips off Louis Vitton and the real thing that pisses me off about Coach is that every single person in this city own one of their bags. But I guess that would be like living in Hollywood and seeing everyone with a Birkin bag.
- THE SUN IS AMAZING! If only I had time to spend out doors. Maybe I will ignore the kitchen for one day this weekend?
- I am going to be purchasing Hipster prescription sunglasses this weekend which makes me very happy that I will no longer have to go around looking like a pirate (ask Chad).
- I plan on going shopping on Easter to buy all the discount chocolate available.
- It would be so awesome if I had Easter Monday off.
- I have been having major back and shoulder issues over the past two weeks that I hope will be somewhat resolved by tonights yoga class.
- HWY 1 has been balls this week. Isn’t everyone supposed to be on Spring break?
- There has been a daily discussion between Claudia and myself this week about what ridiculous outfit Kim Kardashian is wearing each day.
I do not own a house coat. I own a blanket that I drape over myself every morning to keep myself warm. This is what I look like. This amuses Chad.
I have had an obsession with blankets since I was a child. My childhood blanket is shredded. I still have it, but it is basically shredded. I got this one when I was in grade 11 or 12 from Ikea. I take it with me everywhere. Literally. The only place I didn’t take it was on our honeymoon and I could not sleep properly because of it.
I love my blanket in a way that can not be expressed to you. I am not ashamed to be on the cusp of my 28th birthday and admit that I still sleep with my blanket every single night. Sometimes I just carry it around with me. Sometimes, Chad steals it from me. Sometimes I beat him up for it.
I will have to make sure that I provide each of my children with their very own blanket because they are not allowed to steal mine. I will not sacrifice my blanket for the happiness of my children. They are just going to have to get over it. This is my blanket.
I would like to go home and snuggle my blanket right meow.